Personal Web Site
2137 BATCHELOR HALL, KEEN HALL
University of California
Riverside, CA 92521
(951) 827-5630 (Voice)
Baird, James H
Asst. Specialist in Cooperative Ext. & Asst. Horticulturist
- College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Botany & Plant Sciences
- PhD Botany 1993
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY
2007 New York State Turfgrass Association, Exceptional Contributions
Environmental Quality Award, EPA Region 2, 2005
Turfgrass variety improvement and selection, plant stress physiology related to temperature and water, and natural resource concerns, including water allocation and management, energy conservation, atmospheric quality or other issues at the intersection of Turfgrass landscapes with native and production agricultural areas.
7. Martin D.L., G. E. Bell, J. H. Baird, C. M. Taliaferro, N. A. Tisserat, R.
M. Kuzmic, D. D. Dobson, and J. A. Anderson. 2001. Spring dead spot resistance and
quality of seeded bermudagrasses under different mowing heights. Crop Sci.
8. Martin, D.L., G.E. Bell, C.M. Taliaferro, N.A. Tisserat, J.H. Baird, D.D.
Dobson, R.M. Kuzmic, and J.A. Anderson. 2001. Spring dead spot resistance
of inter-specific hybrid bermudagrasses. Int. Turf. Soc. Res. J. 9(2):685-688.
9. Rinehart G.J., J.H. Baird, R.N. Calhoun, and O. Schabenberger. 2001.
Remote sensing of brown patch and dollar spot on creeping bentgrass and annual bluegrass turf using visible and near-infrared spectroscopy. Int. Turf. Soc. Res. J. 9(2):705-709.
10. Frank, K.W., R.E. Gaussoin, J.D. Fry, M.D. Frost, and J.H. Baird. 2002. Nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium effects on seeded buffalograss establishment. Hort Sci. 37(2): 371-373.
11. Goss, R.M., J.H. Baird, S.L. Kelm, and R.N. Calhoun. 2002. Trinexapac-ethyl and nitrogen effects on creeping bentgrass grown under reduced light conditions. Crop Sci. 42(2):472-479.